Jeffrey D. Friedman
Phone: 312-881-2500 Fax: 212-685-5199
Jeffrey D. Friedman specializes in representing clients in all types of real estate and real estate lending transactions including the following:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of retail, multi-family residential, office and industrial properties (which have included transactions structured as transfers of membership or partnership interests, joint ventures, contributions of preferred equity, build to suit leases, sale-leasebacks, tenant-in-common ownership interests and 1031 tax deferred exchanges).
- Development of retail and educational projects on behalf of “big box” retailers and private developers (which have included the negotiation and documentation of purchase agreements, ground leases, development agreements, common area maintenance agreements, reciprocal easement agreements and commercial condominium agreements).
- Leasing and subleasing of retail, office, commercial and industrial space.
- Loan originations, including bridge, conduit, construction, and mezzanine loans, and loan workouts and restructurings.
- Negotiation and documentation of indemnification agreements, license agreements, shared services agreements, service contracts and property management agreements.
Prior to joining Federman Steifman LLP, Mr. Friedman was a partner in the real estate group of Seyfarth Shaw LLP.