Lee D. Edelson
Lee D. Edelson is a Partner in the New York office of Federman Steifman LLP. Mr. Edelson has extensive experience representing both institutional and non-institutional clients in a broad array of asset classes including, without limitation, multifamily, mixed-use and office buildings, industrial properties, shopping centers, retail and commercial condominiums, development sites, hotels, restaurants and commercial/retail properties.
Having the opportunity to represent and provide guidance to various types of owners, developers, operators, investors, tenants, lenders and borrowers throughout his career, Mr. Edelson has developed significant depth and breadth of experience enabling him to identify critical issues at an early stage of each transaction, which, in turn, facilitates Mr. Edelson’s ability to provide practical, efficient and cost-effective counsel to clients based upon each client’s specific goals and objectives.
Mr. Edelson’s practice has a particular focus on acquisitions and sales of single-assets and/or portfolios, ground leases, retail, industrial and office leases, commercial financing transactions, construction matters and joint ventures with respect to all asset classes located in New York and throughout the United States. In addition, Mr. Edelson has advised several not-for-profit organizations, including museums, synagogues and churches, with respect to corporate governance matters and has provided counsel with respect to the redevelopment of its property through joint ventures with developers and obtaining attorney general and state court approvals, where required.
Prior to joining Federman Steifman LLP, Mr. Edelson was a partner at Donovan LLP.
Representative clients and projects include the following:
- Counsel to non-institutional lending group providing, among other things:
- $57,000,000 construction financing for a mixed-use project containing residential, retail and community facility space to be constructed in lower Manhattan.
- $38,000,000 construction financing for the conversion of a warehouse into a 50,000+ sq. ft. office/retail building in Williamsburg, New York.
- $55,500,000 loan participation arrangement with respect to the restructuring of a construction loan for a garden apartment complex near Dallas, Texas.
- Counsel to institutional lender in connection with a $29,400,000 construction loan for a mixed-use building containing residential units, retail space and community facility space to be constructed in Brooklyn, New York.
- Counsel to institutional lender in connection with note sales and/or participation interests therein.
- Counsel to online food/snack distributor in the negotiation of a lease for its new 25,000+ square foot headquarters in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Counsel to synagogue located on upper west side of Manhattan in connection with the sale, leaseback, redevelopment and conversion of its property into a condominium regime composed of, among other things, a community facility space to house the synagogue, and a residential component to be rented and/or sold as individual apartment units by the Developer.
- Counsel to church located in Washington Heights in connection with the ground lease and redevelopment of its property into a mixed-use building comprised of residential units and a community facility component for the church.
- Counsel to hospitality group in the negotiation of leases for restaurants and lounges throughout Manhattan and other major cities throughout the country.
- Counsel to hotel group in connection with the acquisition of title to the land, surrounding marina and operational hotel, and the redevelopment and re-branding thereof, located in Newport, Rhode Island.
- J.D., cum laude, Brooklyn Law School
- B.B.A. Finance, Investment and Banking, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- New York