Real Estate Finance and Structured Finance
Federman Steifman LLP is a leading provider of legal services to clients involved in all aspects of real estate finance. Our real estate finance lawyers have vast experience in a wide range of real estate finance matters from counseling clients with respect to routine commercial mortgage loan programs to structuring highly-complicated transactions with innovative and creative strategies.
Our attorneys have experience working on a variety of asset classes relating to both a fee interest and/or leasehold interest in the collateral property, including, without limitation, multifamily, mixed-use and office complexes, hotels, industrial/warehouses, cooperatives, commercial condominiums and shopping centers.
Federman Steifman LLPs clients include investment and commercial banks, credit unions, insurance companies, opportunity funds, mortgage REITs and other financial institutions that are originating, purchasing and selling loans (and interests in loans) and real estate owners, developers and operators that are procuring financing designed to meet the needs of their unique projects. Federman Steifman LLP regularly advises clients in a diverse array of real estate financing structures, including:
- Acquisition and construction loans
- Structuring loans for securitization, syndication, sale and portfolio investment
- Term loans
- Secured and unsecured credit facilities
- Warehouse and repurchase lines
- Bridge financings
- Synthetic and leveraged leases and leasehold financings
- A/B note structures
- Multiparty intercreditor, co-lender and participation arrangements
- Mezzanine loans and other investments by lenders throughout the capital stack
- Preferred equity financings and convertible preferred notes
- Loan auctions by brokers, receivers and trustees