Louis A. Turgel
Office: New York
Phone: 212-994-9963 Fax: 212-685-5199
Of Counsel to Federman Steifman LLP, Mr. Turgel has a broad-based commercial real estate transactional practice, with particular emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, development and joint ventures. Mr. Turgel has experience representing a wide variety of client types, including pension funds, private real estate funds, arts and entertainment companies, privately held real estate companies and high net worth individuals. Before joining Federman Steifman, Mr. Turgel was associated with the law firm of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP.
Representative clients and projects include the following:
- Counsel to commingled pension funds in domestic joint venture acquisitions, financings and development of: first-class office property; mixed-use office and retail property; multifamily; and student housing.
- Counsel to commingled pension funds in buyouts and buy downs of joint venture operating partners.
- Counsel to public REIT in dispositions in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and in restating revolving and term credit facilities in excess of $500 million.
- Counsel to pension fund in the acquisition of and assumption of securitized financing encumbering a trophy asset in Seattle, WA.
- Counsel to arts company in acquisition, disposition, leasing and not for profit matters.